The Reading in Le Havre card allows you to borrow items across all of the Reading in Le Havre network: libraries, multimedia centres, reading centres and the Bibliobus.
With a valid Reading in Le Havre card you can borrow up to 20 items at the libraries, multimedia centres, reading centres and the Bibliobus of the network.
Borrowing is limited to 10 items per card at the reading centres.
The borrowing of DVDs is limited to 4 DVDs per location.
The items can be borrowed for a maximum of 30 days.
Useful to know: DVDs can be borrowed for a maximum of 15 days.
Accessing your reader account
You can access your reader account online in order to:
- view the list of items you have out on loan on your card and their return dates
- extend the loan period of one or several items
- reserve an item or cancel the reservation of an item
Extending the loan period on borrowed items
You can extend the loan period on one or several items online via your reader account or by asking a librarian, providing you request the extension before the scheduled return date.
Useful to know: you cannot extend the loan period of DVDs.
Reserving an item
Is the item you are interested in already out on loan? In that case, you can reserve it online or by asking a librarian.
Useful to know:
- DVDs cannot be reserved.
- only the items which are not on the shelves and are therefore out on loan to another user can be reserved.
Returning borrowed items
Borrowed items must be returned to the library, multimedia centre, reading centre or the Bibliobus from where they were borrowed.
Drop-boxes (Bibliothèque A. Salacrou, Médiathèques L.S. Senghor and Martin Luther King) enable you to return borrowed items to these centres outside public opening hours.
Useful to know: in the event of overdue return, fines will be applied:
- 50 centimes per week overdue and per 'adult' item
- 20 centimes per week overdue and per 'youth' item.
Borrowing with your class
The Reading in Le Havre card enables teachers to borrow items for their class from libraries, multimedia centres and reading centres.
Useful to know: teachers can borrow for their class only books, magazines and audio-texts; audiovisual and multimedia items are reserved by legislation for the restricted circle of the family.
With a valid Reading in Le Havre card, teachers can borrow:
- during a visit with their class: one item per pupil + 5 items for the teacher
- 30 items during a visit without their class
Items for classes can be borrowed for a period of 90 days.
Loans to local authorities
The Reading in Le Havre card enables a local authority (municipal structure or association based in Le Havre) to borrow items or to have items delivered.
Useful to know: local authorities can borrow or have delivered only books, magazines and audio-texts; audiovisual and multimedia are reserved by legislation for the restricted circle of the family.
With a valid Reading in Le Havre card, local authorities can:
- Borrow during a group visit: one item per group member present + 5 documents for the cardholder
- Borrow a maximum of 50 items during a visit by the cardholder unaccompanied by a group
- Have a maximum of 50 items delivered to the local authority
Items for local authorities can be borrowed for a period of 45 days.